Monday, February 5, 2018

HOW DID I GET THERE?



On my first blog post, I have talked about Fo Guang Shan (Buddha's Light Mountain) which is certainly one of the best places I've been to. After a few thoughts, I realized I should have told you beforehand how did I get to like this place?

I have gone around Taiwan by either bus or train. There were many times I walked and biked but those are of course for nearby places. Most of my destinations were far from the place I lived (my employers' home). My lady boss gave me a day a month, a chance to explore the beauties of their country and she would give me suggestions and reviews about the places I might want to visit. She had been to these places so she thought I would love to see them. On the night before, she would give me a map and instructions on how to get there.

By public bus
From my boss' house, I would ride a bus to MRT Station (Banqiao Station). Taiwan buses are labelled with numbers (ex. Bus 232 heading Taipei Main Station) which have designated routes. You should know your bus number first if you don't want to get lost. Don't worry, there is a guide found at the bus stop wherein you can check the bus numbers and their routes. These buses stop only at their designated bus stops, therefore you should take and alight only on these stops. The bus driver won't pick or drop you off just anywhere. This is one of many things I like about Taiwan transportation. Regular fare is NT$15 (P24.00)

Anyway, taxis are also available inside and outside the cities of Taiwan. It is just bus is more affordable for me. I would take a taxi only if I am late on my curfew which is 8PM because there is a grandma waiting for me to give her a bath and put her to bed.

By MRT or HSR
Thanks to MRT as it made my go-round-the-city more accessible. I can go to any point of Taipei City by subway trains. Taiwan's MRT stations are so clean. You can also find stores of different kinds inside. You will never get bored walking down the platforms.

Another kind of transportation which travels across Taiwan is the High Speed Rail. It starts from Nangang (North) and the last terminal is Zuoying (South), for about 1.45 hours. It runs at a speed of about 300 km/hr. I feel very lucky to experience HSR for a couple of times. It was like an airplane ride experience.

These are the transportations I used to ride during my travel across Taiwan.




No comments:

Post a Comment

XINAN TEMPLE

Welcome to Xinan Temple! This place is found at the middle of our cable car journey, from Taipei Zoo Station to Maokong Gondola.  ...